Nobody want garden pests in his garden. In the battle against all the creepy crawlies which would like to enjoy your plants as much as you do, it's a good idea to be well-armed. You'll find everything you need to fight the good fight in our garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire: keep these essentials in the garden shed and you'll be prepared at all times.
Garden pests assortment
Trowbridge Garden Centre has a wide range of garden pests, with for example:
- Sprays: insecticidal soap takes care of sap-sucking aphids on everything from roses to cabbages: you'll find handy spray guns in our garden centre. We also stock tree washes for getting rid of overwintering larvae and eggs on fruit trees and bushes.
- Barriers: keep pests at bay without having to kill them: a screen of horticultural fleece around carrots keeps carrot fly away, while garlic granules, grit and copper rings deter slugs. Insect-proof mesh available off the roll or as a ready-to-use cloche keeps caterpillars and other pests off crops.
- Organic deterrents: in our garden centre you'll find a range of organic methods for tackling pests, from super-effective wildlife friendly slug pellets to biological controls. We also stock a range of pheromone traps to hang among your plants for catching codling moth and other flying pests.
Please ask the staff in our Trowbridge - Wiltshire garden centre for more information and advice about dealing with garden pests.
Tips to get rid of garden pests
Unfortunately, pest control is inevitable if you want the garden to look beautiful. After all, nobody likes half-eaten plants or vegetables that have been eaten from the bottom up. We will show you how to keep slugs, aphids and other unwanted pests from your garden and how to take preventive measures to prevent a pest control.
- Slugs, the worst garden plague: as a preventive measure, you can put a snail or snail collar around your plant beds to keep this vermin at bay. You can also prevent slug pests in the garden by planting plants that snails like, such as nasturtiums and spices such as rosemary, thyme and sage. Tip: plant a border of winter savory around your plant bed - that keeps the snails at a distance.
- Aphids, a plague that you have to keep under control: Aphids are small but deadly for plants. The use of home remedies such as a ponytail or nettle infusion is an environmentally friendly way to combat them.
How do you keep away ants: ants should not always be seen as pests, but as soon as they settle between the tiles of your terrace or your house, they become annoying. The best way to get rid of them is to move them. Take a terracotta pot and fill it with straw or wood shavings. Place the flower pot over the ant nest - and after a few days it will be their new home. Then you can place the pot somewhere far away from your house and terrace. Ants can be kept at a distance for a long time with the smell of lemon peel or vinegar, or with plants such as lavender.
Buy your pesticides at Trowbridge Garden Centre
Please ask the staff in our garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire for more information and advice about garden pests. Besides pesticides we also offer a lot of other products as, container plants, bulbs and climbers. You can find our opening hours and location at our contact page. We hoop to see you soon at Trowbridge Garden Centre in Trowbridge-Wiltshire!