In our garden centre we have a range of wicker baskets for outdoor use. They make a natural setting for a variety of plants, but the baskets look even more unique when they are filled with a selection herbs. A basket filled with herbs is a charming gift, for both your garden and yourself. Come and visit out garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire and explore all options.
Herb baskets: style and colour
Herb and colours come in all kinds of sizes and colour. To optimise the look of your garden, go for the herb baskets that fit your style. The larger the basket, the easier it is to take care of your herbs. Larger baskets contain more compost. This means that you won't need to water them as often. In addition, larger baskets can hold a larger variety of herbs, making them a true feast for the eye and nose, enhancing your natural senses. Whether you are going for a more classic look or are set on a modern look: Trowbridge Garden Centre has the herb baskets and containers you may need.
How to fill your herb basket
To make it easier for all gardening lovers looking to invest in herb baskets, our gardening experts have drawn up a step-by-step plan to help you fill your herb baskets.
- It is of great importance for herb baskets to contain some type of drainage hole. These drainage holes prevent your herbs and plants from dying due to water overload. If your basket does not already have a liner, place polythene in the baskets. This will assure that your baskets holds in moisture and protects the material. For drainage, add a layer of gravel.
- Trowbridge Garden Centre sells high-quality multipurpose compost and horticultural grit, perfect to fill your basket with.
- Once you have the basics down, it is time for the fun part: start planting!
The 3 best herbs for your herb basket
Trowbridge Garden Centre sells an extensive selection of herbs. Although it is possible to grow all kinds of herbs in your herb basket, our gardening experts have drawn up a list of their personal favourites.
- Lavender: Known for its pleasant smell and colourful look, lavender is an easy herb to take care of. However, it is important to remember that this herb cannot prosper in moist or overly wet conditions.
- Thyme: Fit for decorative use as well as culinary use, thyme is a great addition to your herb basket. Thyme has been known for its medicinal benefits for generations.
- Ginger: You might not have thought of this herb initially, but ginger can be grown at home.
For more information about the possibilities with a herb basket, come and stroll to our garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire. With a hanging herb basket you can enjoy all your favourite herbs throughout all the different seasons. Most of the herbs are easy to grow and a hanging herb basket is great for those with little space for a full herb garden. We hope to see you soon!