Are you looking for a container for your plants? Then you are at the right place at Trowbridge Garden Centre near Wingfield. Most plants will grow quite happily in containers and you can make just as fabulous a display using plants in containers as you can in the garden - great news if you're short on outdoor space. In our garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire you'll find a container for every plant: just match your plants to the pot that suits it best for instant success.
You can also put your plant in another container. Repotting makes your plant grow. You give him fresh potting soil, which provides him with a boost of nutrients. So he can do it again, and you do not have to give plant food for the first weeks or months (depending on the quality of the soil). In addition, he has more soil in his new pot and therefore a larger water buffer. Finally, fresh ground is lighter than the old one, which gives the roots a little more breathing space. Just what a plant needs after a long, dark winter.
Repotting is not difficult. Certainly not with these tips:
- Choose a pot that is 2 to 3 cm larger than your old one (in diameter). Is your plant already a bit older and has not it been potted for several years? Then choose a pot that is 5 to 6 cm larger.
- Cover the bottom with pot shards and sprinkle a layer of hydro granules over it. This ensures that the excess water can drain away quickly, without flushing away soil.
- Spoon a layer of potting soil over the grains. Place your plant there. The top of the root ball should now remain 1 to 2 cm below the edge of your pot.
- Fill the pot with potting soil and press gently.
- Give a generous portion of water.
Curious about our plants to put in containers? Take a look at our container plants page.
Troughs and grow spaces
Troughs and grow spaces work brilliantly for growing vegetables on the patio. Place troughs against a wall to grow climbing beans, or divide a grow space as small as 1m x 1m into squares for planting a surprisingly wide variety of fruit and veg.
Hanging baskets brighten up the dingiest of entrance ways with brilliant scarlet pelargoniums or, for something different, tumbling tomatoes or chilies. In our garden centre you'll find not only the baskets but also liners and water-retaining gel to mix into the compost to hold on to moisture for longer.
Get your container
Pots come in a huge range of styles and materials from ceramic to terracotta, stainless steel and stone. Let your imagination run riot creating mixed displays of perennials and shrubs in larger pots for instant impact. Please ask the staff in our Trowbridge - Wiltshire garden centre for more information and advice about choosing containers. You can find our location and opening hours at our contact page.