Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the magic of sparkling Christmas lights. Hang them on the tree, festoon the living room with them, or fling them in great ropes over the house or trees in the garden to twinkle merrily at passers-by. Besides Christmas lights, we also have Christmas trees, Christmas decoration, artificial Christmas trees, and more! If you have some questions about our Christmas assortment, then please contact us.
Christmas lights assortment
As a rule of thumb, buy 100 lights for every 45cm of tree – so a string of 400 lights is perfect for an average 1.8m tree. Here are some of your options:
- Mini-lights: for use indoors on Christmas trees and threaded through the bannisters, these are the traditional choice and come in multiple colours or clear, silvery-white.
- LED lights: coloured or brilliant white, they're very energy-efficient so even though they cost a little more to start with, you'll save it in the electricity bills.
- Novelty lights: special covers come in all sorts of shapes from lanterns to snowflakes. You can also get flashing lights which you can programme to do a variety of sequences – try a different one every day!
- Outdoor lights: choose from battery-powered, solar-powered and mains powered lights, though for mains-powered make sure you have an outdoor electric socket fitted by a registered electrician.
Please ask the staff in our Trowbridge garden centre for more information and advice about choosing your Christmas lights.
How to hang outdoor Christmas lights?
Do you want to know how to hang outdoor Christmas lights? Then Trowbridge Garden Centre has some tips for you! You need the following thing to get started:
- Light clips
- Extension cord
- Tape measure
Follow the following steps:
- Choose the type of lights: make sure lights are rated for outdoor use.
- Choose the light clips: choose light clips that fit your application. Now there is no need for staples or nails. There are for example adhesive clips, for columns or railings and universal clips for rooflines.
- How many lights: measure all the straight lines of the house and add up for total length (don’t forget to measure the length to your power source). Buy the length of light strings to match this number.
- Before you start, test the lights! Plug the first strand into an extension cord.
- Attach lights to clips first.
- Slide clip into the gutter, or between the roof and shingle.
- Use adhesive clips for windows, railings or columns.
- Peel the backing and adhere clips at an even distance.
- Attach the lights into the clips.
- Extra credit: install a smart timer to control lights from an app on your phone.
Now you know how to hang outdoor Christmas lights! Good luck! If you still got any questions about our Christmas lights, then please visit Trowbridge Garden Centre or contact us.