A Christmas tree has charm and brings a lovely atmosphere in the house during the cold winter months. There's nothing to put you in the mood for Christmas quite like going to the garden centre on a snowy day to pick out a living Christmas tree, then bringing it home to fill the house with the scent of pinewoods in December. At Trowbridge Garden Centre, you can find the perfect Christmas tree for you! We also have lovely Christmas lights, Christmas decorations and many more products!
How to choose the perfect Christmas tree
Real Christmas trees are very beautiful. Here are some tips how to find the perfect Christmas tree:
- Measure the space where you will put your tree. Take into account the height added by a tree stand and a top ornament.
- Come to Trowbridge Garden Centre in Trowbridge-Wiltshire!
- Consider which type of tree works best for you. White firs, Fraser firs, and Scotch pines all have long-lasting needles, and Scotch pines can handle heavy ornaments. Leyland cypresses are pollen-free, so they’re great for people with allergies.
- Lift the tree and then set it down roughly; if the needles easily fall off, the tree is already dried. Other bad signs are wrinkled bark, discoloured needles, and a musty odor. You won’t find this at Trowbridge Garden Centre.
- If you have chosen your Christmas tree, as soon as you get home, saw at least a half an inch off the trunk so the tree can absorb water more easily.
Christmas tree assortment
There are lots of trees to choose from at Trowbridge - Wiltshire Garden Centre, so make sure you get the one that's right for you. The trees we offer have different colours, shapes, smells, thickness and of course sizes. Here are some of the varieties to look out for:
• Norway spruce: the traditional Christmas tree: lovely perfume and good conical shape
• Nordmann Fir: one of the best for holding onto its soft, rounded needles
• Noble Fir: blue-green, slightly silvery needles with a beautiful scent and short stiff branches
• Fraser Fir: elegant pyramid shape; holds onto its dark green, flattened needles well
• Blue spruce: very thick, long needles in shades from green to powdery blue
• Lodgepole Pine: slow to drop its needles, and makes a large, dense, bushy tree
• White Pine: one of the bushiest of Christmas trees, with soft blue-green needles
• White spruce: short, stiff needles held well on the tree, a pretty blue-green colour, and a lovely shape
Please ask the staff in our garden centre in Trowbridge – Wiltshire for more information and advice about choosing your Christmas tree.
A Christmas tree is not complete without beautiful Christmas decoration. If you found the perfect tree for you, it is also possible to get some decorations for your brand new tree in our garden centre. We offer baubles and tinsels to candles and ornaments. Think carefully about the look you're trying to create, though: are you a pared-down, minimalist type? Or a throw-it-on, anything-goes kind of person? We’ve got it all. Click here and take a look at the different styles we suggest and get some inspiration!