A Christmas tree is the number one Christmas item you bring into your house during the festive period. A Christmas tree has charm and gives your house a lovely atmosphere. There's nothing more that puts you in the mood for Christmas than going to the garden centre on a cold winter day to pick a real Christmas tree. Our garden centre is completely transformed into a Christmas centre and offers you a wide choice of different tree types. Select your perfect tree, bring it home, and fill your house with the ultimate Christmas tree scent. From mid-October, Trowbridge Garden Centre offers a wide selection of various Christmas trees. We also offer Christmas lights, Christmas decorations and many more Christmas products!
How to choose the perfect Christmas tree
Real Christmas trees look beautiful. Here are some tips on how to find the perfect Christmas tree:
- Measure the space where you will put your tree. Be aware of the additional height of the tree stand and tree topper when you start measuring.
- Consider which type of tree works best for you. We sell Firs, Pines, Spruces, Cypresses, and Cedars. For example, we offer White Firs, Fraser Firs, and Scotch Pines that all have long-lasting needles. Also, Scotch Pines can hold heavy ornaments on its branches. Leyland Cypresses are pollen-free, so they’re great for people with an allergy to pollen.
- If you've found the right tree, do a quick test by lifting the tree and then put it down roughly; if the needles easily fall off, the tree is already dried out a bit. Other bad signs are wrinkled bark, discoloured needles, and a musty odor. You won’t find this at Trowbridge Garden Centre, because we only offer high-quality Christmas trees.
- As soon as you get home, you must take some actions to ensure an extended festive season.
How to take care of your Christmas tree
- Let your Christmas tree acclimate in the garden shed for a couple of hours. This is to ensure your Christmas tree can handle different climate conditions.
- Saw at least half an inch off the trunk so the tree can absorb water easier.
- Don't place your Christmas tree too close to heat sources.
- Water your tree at least once a week (we prefer twice a week).
- Don't hang too heavy Christmas ornaments or baubles, this will cause arching branches.
Christmas tree assortment
There are lots of trees to choose from at Trowbridge Garden Centre, so make sure you get the one that's right for you. The trees we offer slightly differ in colour, shape, smell, thickness and, size. Here are some of the varieties that you will find at our Garden Centre:
• Norway Spruce: the traditional Christmas tree: lovely perfume and good conical shape, rounded needles
• Nordmann Fir: one of the best for holding onto its soft, rounded needles, dark-green colour
• Noble Fir: blue-green, slightly silvery needles with a beautiful scent and short stiff branches
• Fraser Fir: elegant pyramid shape; holds onto its dark green, flattened needles well
• Blue Spruce: very thick, long needles in shades from green to powdery blue (see image below)
• Lodgepole Pine: slow to drop its needles, and makes a large, dense, bushy tree
• White Pine: one of the bushiest of Christmas trees, with soft blue-green needles
• White Spruce: short, stiff needles held well on the tree, a pretty blue-green colour, and a lovely shape
With all above mentioned Christmas trees available in our garden centre, we always have a tree that fits your needs. Please ask the staff in our garden centre in Trowbridge – Wiltshire for more information and advice about choosing your Christmas tree. We are always happy to help you find the best Christmas tree. Discover distinct varieties, or just choose the one you had last year. We can't wait to provide you with the most beautiful Christmas trees.
A Christmas tree is not complete without any baubles, tinsel, garlands, ornaments and other Christmas decorations. If you have found the perfect Christmas tree from our garden centre, it is also possible to buy trendy decorations to decorate your Christmas tree. We also offer candles and Christmas lights to give your house a romantic and festive look. Think carefully about the look you're trying to create, so are you a pared-down, or more of a minimalist type? Take a look at the different styles of Christmas decorations and get some inspiration! Visit our garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire and discover the trendy accessories, lights, candles and many other decorations at our Christmas section.