Harvesting vegetables from your garden is hugely satisfying, and you'll revolutionise your tastebuds: food picked just minutes before it's on your plate has a colour, flavour and crunchiness that you have to experience to believe. At Trowbridge garden centre we provide you with delicious vegetables you can sow and grow yourself. Come and visit our garden centre to explore the full range of sorts. Curious about planting new kinds? Or are you just a beginning gardener? No problem, our staff is always willing to help you find your vegetables.
We have everything in our Trowbridge - Wiltshire garden centre to turn your garden into a haven of productivity: here's a selection to get you started.
- Seeds: most vegs are grown from seeds, from tomatoes to carrots and lettuces. Take your pick from the vast range in our garden centre; we've also got ready-spaced seed tapes and delicious heritage vegetables for you to try.
- Sets and seed potatoes: from early spring we stock seed potatoes, plus onions, shallots and garlic from sets – easy-to-handle baby bulbs to plant straight into the ground.
- Plug plants: for the ultimate in convenience we also stock plug plants -baby veg plants ready to go straight into containers or out into the garden.
- Perennial vegetables: great value for money, these include some real delicacies: in our garden centre you'll find asparagus crowns, able to crop for 20 years, and stately globe artichokes looking as good as they taste.
Come and visit Trowbridge Garden Centre to choose your favourite product.
Grow your vegetables
If you've never tasted garden-fresh vegetables before, you will be amazed by the sweet, juicy favours and textures. So, get started with your kitchen garden and start farming! We made a list of gardening tips for beginners. Because there are a few basic rules for gardening, you should keep in mind. After these tips, you will experience the most delicious veggies.
- Plant in a sunny location Most vegetables need at least six hours of direct sunlight. Choose your site wisely, if you choose a sub-par location you will get sub-par veggies. The more sunlight they receive, the greater the harvest, the bigger the veggies and the better the taste.
- Plant in good soil One of the most important things to do well is the soil. Provide your soil with compost for better nutrients. Make sure the drainage is set well, this ensures water neither collects on top nor drains away too quickly. You want your veggies to soak the right amount of water!
- Plant in a stable environment You don't want your almost-ready-to-harvest-veggies to be float away by heavy rains, or you don't want to plant somewhere where strong winds knock over your plants. Plant in a location you would grow happy yourself!
- Combine Also, it is good to combine different crops. Many plants protect each other. If you use your vegetable garden more often, then you have to change the crops every year. In this way, you will get the best vegetables!
Which fruit and vegetables do you want to plant first? It is good to start with simple vegetables such as lettuce, radish, beans, carrots, tomatoes, strawberries and herbs. These grow almost naturally and taste amazing.
Get your vegetables at Trowbridge
Please ask the staff in our garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire for more information and advice about growing vegetables. Always keep in mind: it's better to be proud of a small garden than be frustrated by a big one! Besides vegetables, we also offer a lot of other products as container plants, bulbs and climbers. You can find our opening hours and location at our contact page. We hope to see you soon at Trowbridge Garden Centre in Trowbridge-Wiltshire!