If you want more green in your garden, you should buy a climber! When you've crammed every inch of space on the ground with plants, the only way is up. Clothe your walls in greenery and smother your sheds in flowers to double your planting space and turn your garden into a green sanctuary from the outside world in sunny Trowbridge-Wiltshire.
- Clematis come in all shapes and sizes, from the tiny starry flowers of 'Pixie' to big, blowsy 'Rouge Cardinal'. Winter-flowering clematis have pretty seedheads while Clematis montana is a froth of flowers in April.
- Wisteria is the ultimate in show-off climbers with its head-turning racemes of headily scented flowers in early summer.
- Star jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) covers the uprights of pergolas and arches with glossy evergreen leaves and scented white flowers and never outstays its welcome.
- Honeysuckles are the perfect backdrop to a cottage garden, smothered in tubular flowers all summer and filling the garden with scent and punch-drunk bumblebees.
- Passionflowers are far hardier than they look, especially the stop-you-in-your-tracks purple fringed whirligigs of Passiflora caerulea.
Support for climbing plants
The characteristic of climbers is that they need support to grow up. This can, for example, consist of a fence, wire structure or concrete mesh, as long as the climbing plants have grip. In most cases, the plants will climb up by locking or tightening themselves.
Buy your climber
Are you already dreaming of climbers in your garden? Visit Trowbridge Garden Centre and find the climbers you are looking for! Please ask the staff in our Trowbridge - Wiltshire garden centre for more information and advice about using herbs. We also offer a lot of other products as bulbs, annuals, perennials and more. You can find our location and opening hours at our contact page.