Trees for year-round colour
Most gardens look at their best in spring or summer, but what if you could design a garden that has year-round interest? Trowbridge Garden Centre offers a conifers assortment that gives your garden year-round colour. From bright lush green foliage in spring and summer, to warm autumn-coloured foliage in autumn and even dark-green foliage in winter. Discover many conifers that are evergreen and will give your garden a spectacular look, all year long.
In smaller gardens, every plant has to earn its keep, and that's particularly true for trees. If you think of planting a tree in your garden, you maybe think that trees grow very tal land own a lot of space. Some trees do grow tall and own a lot of space, but luckiliy, there are plenty of small trees available, too, that will look good in every small garden. Here are our favourite small trees:
- Japanese Maple
- Topiary shapes
Do you want a garden that looks good at any time? Every season has its own interest, but wouldn’t it be fantastic if your garden could look fabulous all year round? Make a combination of the most colourful trees and pick species with a different bloom time to extend your season of interest. We show you our pick of the best from the range in our garden centre.
Top 5 trees with year-round colour
Trees do not always just bloom in spring, we have a large range of conifers available that will give your spring, summer, autumn or winter garden interest. From bright spring colours to warm and cosy autumn colours, these conifers definitely add colour and structure to your garden.
- Snowy Mespilus (Amelanchier lamarckii): pearly white blossom in spring with coppery young foliage, followed by little black berries and brilliant autumn colour. Reaches about 10m tall.
- Willows (Salix spp): look for varieties with brilliantly coloured red, green or purple bark: also has furry pussywillow buds in winter and deep green foliage. Grows up to 10m.
- Hawthorn (Crataegus spp): cascades of scented spring blossom are followed by brilliant red berries and a firework display of autumn colour. Anything from 5m to 8m tall, depending on the species.
- Autumn-flowering cherry (Prunus x subhirtella): the pale pink flowers appear in little bursts from November throughout the winter, with leaves turning fiery orange in autumn. Grows to 9m tall.
- Rowan (Sorbus spp): clusters of white flowers in spring are followed by heavy crops of berries in red, white or yellow. Leaves turn brilliant shades in autumn. Grows to 7m.
Please ask the staff in our garden centre in Trowbridge - Wiltshire for more information and advice about choosing trees for year-round colour.
Buy colourful trees in Wiltshire
Trowbridge Garden Centre is a well-known garden centre in the area of Wiltshire and Bath. If autumn comes close, you can always think of restyling your garden. Maybe it’s not your first choice, but garden trees are such a great idea. We stock a wide variety of colourful trees that will brighten up your garden. Ask our staff workers to give you advice on which trees will fit your area and ground best. We look forward to seeing you at Trowbridge